Tuesday, September 23, 2014

23 September 2014: Tuesday ... 20 days since ... Why? ... watching Netflix movies ... caring for mom ... stuck in house ... Dr. Maged today ... First Day of Fall 2014

A gorgeous, chill, sunlit day today as Mom just yelled to me this midday, as she does on occasion and I'm watching Netflix with my earphones on, and initially, I am perturbed, but she told me that a nurse was arriving soon to see her. Did not get her name but the door is open on this crystalline-blue first day of fall in Delaware in the home, that is not mine, and where I feel imprisoned because that is my decision.

  
        Silver Linings Playbook with Jennifer                   Brad Pitt, starred in the zombie flick,
Lawrence, who won Oscar for role, and Bradley           World War Z, quite a decent film with superb 
Cooper in 2012, in a painting renderings of the end       special effects.
of the film where their love is expressed.                          


Leslie, a new nurse, young, petite and married, is here at this time (1:01 p.m .) checking mom. As all the other personnel from Delaware Hospice, she is thorough and professional and engaging. They were laughing a few moments before I typed these words. It feels good to be at least making an attempt to record feelings and events in my life. About 2 hours from leaving for my appointment with Dr. Maged, who is my named provider through Delaware Care. (I have it mentioned with the numbers for the service on my phone.)

The visit to Dr. Maged was so worthwhile. He's a listener and he provided me options and feedback that made me feel whole when I left. I'll have blood levels taken (after a 12-hour fast) in the morning and I've already secured medication for my mood swings from Pathmark this afternoon, which after presenting my Delaware insurance card, cost me a total of $1, after Divya reconfigured the amount.

My relationship, the physical one by necessity, with mom reached a new level today when I did what she did to me when I was a baby. I wiped her bottom with a washcloth and you just have to get over it and deal with it and not be embarrassed by it. There are needs and one just has to get on with it. I did and she did and we moved on.

I phoned my new and developing girlfriend (for wont of a better term), Peg, today about my appointment and I had a welcome ear. She listens, much like my doctor, and she is responsive to the needs of others and she provides solace and answers to life's challenges. She is a remarkable person who I am very fortunate to have got to know, whether through her guiles to mom-sit or not, it has been in that word often forsaken by UUs, a "godsend" in my life at present. Thank you Peg for being there for me and my mother. You have the heart of gold and a steel determination and wealth of knowledge and experience. I am lucky to be able to share in its bounty. 

No comments: