Wednesday, February 26, 2014

26 February 2014: Wednesday ... productive at computer ... signed up for free online class in genetics ... ordered Genetics for Dummies ($.63) ... BodyCombat #2 w/Renee ...

Mom composed and sent her second e-mail today in response to a post from Marli Schouten-Stam. It was short and sweet and ended with "Love Jeanne". I left her working on a post to Norma Clara Nyhoff as I went to the "Y" to do BodyCombat with that warrior of the workout area Renee.

One of the participants, Heidi, in Body Combat I spoke to prior to entering the AR or Activity Room is a mother of three ages 12, 9, and 6 and she loves this group exercise. I could see it in her participation level. She is also a big supporter of the Y and has been a fundraiser for them and is one this year. Afterward, I suggested that she might enjoy putting bamboo slivers up her fingernails after this intense workout where Renee did not stop. She not only did the exercise, she shouted out the counts to us and sang lyrics of the music. Incroyable!


Mom had two visits today from hospice, both of which I failed to answer the door as I was resting (after that workout with Renee, possibly) and did not hear Kim and then Skeesha's entrance into the house. I became aware when I arose and saw their coats on the chair by the dining room table. 

Katia wants to get together after Church at the UU Fellowship in Newark this Sunday and get to know me a little better. I readily said "YES!" to the offer and am mulling ideas on where to go to possibly have a meal and maybe even go to the Delaware Art Museum, which is free in Sundays. We shall see as the week progresses what her schedule is like. I am beholden to her and her many responsibilities.

Bob called today and brought up the offer to get together for a Flyers hockey game, perhaps at his place, with a meal when Alice has off next week. They play on Wednesday evening, so I'll wait to hear from him. He gave me his working e-mail and I sent him and Alice the new gmail address of my mother (vertuccirose@gmail.com). 

A rarity tonight, I walk into a fellow dog walker at the corner of Nicholby and Cratchett and it's none other than Steve and his basset hounds, Kirby and Harriet. Unfortunately, Annie, his wife, is not with him due to the fact of a fall (over Kirby) and ACL tear that has not required surgery to date. Kirby went right up to Dancer, who was unusually standoffish initially (her tail raised and hair up), but Harriet, who was a bait dog in a dog fighting ring was a little aggressive but warmed after awhile but did bark when we resumed walking. Both dogs, the breed, have eye problems and each have an annual appointment with their dog ophthalmologist (go figure ... I informed him of Sunshine's $4,700 cataract surgery that provided some improvement but not permanent vision restoration to Doug & Norma's aging Wheatland terrier). 
  

No comments: