Friday, April 18, 2014

18 April 2014: Friday ... Good Friday ... Nick called, will be in Columbia w/Susan, Lindsay & Granny for Easter ... met Hanna, St. Mark's junior at Y ... good workout this AM ... doin' core work when Pamela walked into stretching room ... goin' to Riverfront Imax Theatre for "Grand Budapest Hotel" with Linda Lucero (7:45 p.m. showing) ...

The Y was open today but there were no group exercises today. The fitness instructors got the day off to be with their families, although I did see Pamela doing a one-on-one fitness instruction in the warm-up room as I did one of the routines (passing a large ball -- OUCH! -- between by legs and my arms). I told her that someone, who looked an awful lot like her, had taught me this exercise. "Do I have a twin?", she amusingly asked. "Perhaps," I said, "or a word I love, a 'doppelganger'". Also, used the "bosu" (both sides up) to do leg flexes and standing and lifting, but had to ask the older male instructor the name of the device, which had been told to me earlier in the week by the aforementioned Pamela, who taught me, yes, an exercise routine using it. An exhausting one but great for your core and your cardio.


         

No comments: