Tuesday, April 29, 2014

27 April 2014: Sunday ... GLORIOUS Day ... Sonya DuCote Dubois' birthday ... Wildflower Celebration at Mt. Cuba Center (A First!) w/Katia ... Two French speakers ... 1st entry to LP database (Toscanini Overtures ... NBC Symphony) ...

What a glorious Sunday and Wildflower Celebration at Mt. Cuba Center, my first real visit to the horticultural nirvana. Such an Eden near Hockessin off Barley Mill Road, not far from the Ashland Nature Center.


Photo by Katia Sol-Church -- She posted a group of photos on her FB page
from the Wildflower Celebration and they were lovely. She has a good eye.
Thankfully, Katia, agreed to spend the day with me and got there. I arrived with Dancer and I learned, to my chagrin, that dogs were not allowed, at least not on the bus, so I had to leave the green parking expanse and take my darling dog home. Did not take long and I was back and got on the bus and walked the trail to the man-made ponds (by the philanthropic Copeland-DuPont family) to find my favorite French geneticist seated on a bench. 

A lot of wonderful interactions with involved people, both employees and volunteers at Mt. Cuba Center. Of particular note were individuals, one named Penny Pleasance and the other a gentleman making delicious pop corn in a huge, gas-heated kettle drum, perhaps bronze, who engaged Katia in focused conversation. They talked wines as he is planning to start a vineyard with his father in New Jersey. They have the grape vines and the land. I did not get his name but like Penny, he spoke conversational French with a superb accent. Such a lovely meeting of serendipity and delightful coincidence.

                                 I did get Dancer on a walk later in the day, after the Wildflower
  Celebration, and this sunset photo at Delcastle Recreation Center.



  

No comments: