Friday, November 29, 2013

29 November 2013: Friday ... put away the iPhone, I want some alone time with dad to say goodbye ... tears flowed but they're OK Doug, he laughed, too ... life is balance



That Eternal Day - Cantus 


Serendipity, a divine presence, a coincidence, who knows,
but this morning, before I got up at 5 a.m., Performance
Today
featured a performance by Cantus and their rendition
of Gravedigger by Dave Matthews, a story about death but
more about the effect their lives had on the lives that continue. "Don't
bury me too deep, so I can hear the rain hit the earth," or a similar
lyric moves throughout the song. I am still here in spirit, do not
forget me. I included the experience in a note that I wrote and
left for my **BROTHER** which he read and I think was moved
by. Later, when he asked for time alone with dad, I could hear the
tears -- that's tough for Doug, he doesn't show emotion, he's pretty
good at covering it up -- and they were good. Our father shall not
be forgotten, at least by his two sons. 


Left early evening after mom had been fed and dad taken care of ... I gave him the cell phone to call if necessary and then left to pick up Lindsay at the airport, U.S. Airways flight from Charlotte due to land at 6:19 p.m. I arrived with time to spare at the "Cell Phone" waiting area with its displays of the arriving flights and whether they'd landed. Here flight was on time, she texted me and then called me telling me she was ready at the U. S. Airways sign. Saw her right away and got her in at which time she noticed the egging that the Honda had received and I knew nothing about, all on the passenger side of the car. How long it'd been there, I do not know. (It's been addressed and cleaned with a car wash this Saturday morning after a trip to Mary's Kountry Kitchen for breakfast, a stop for birthday cards at Books & Tobacco and then to the car wash establishment, where it's not cheap but they do a good, attentive job for $14.95 plus tip ... I gave $3 today).

Well, I got this nice pic of Lindsay kissing mom as she arrived in her bedroom.
 
Displaying photo.JPG















No comments: