Tuesday, January 14, 2014

13 January 2014: Monday ... difficult time accessing the Web but patience proved victorious ... made it to the "Y" for the day following my joining ... walked Dancer after Flyers' victory and Frontline doc on North Korea ...

The day, for me, is just too complicated, too interconnected, too detail-rich for me to summarize it at the end of the day, like I am doing now, just 22 minutes shy of becoming the 15th of January 2014, but maybe I can mention one serendipitous exchange, which is certain to spur more connected thoughts, like it just did about Ron and calling him tonight. 

A young lady at the "Y", working out wore an interesting t-shirt with a letter and saber on the back. I asked her, rather shyly, while I did squats on a particular machine set up for it, and she told me it was from Millersville State University, a school she'd attended 3 years ago. I asked her whether she knew Rebecca Okarski, majoring in education, and it rang a bell for her but she couldn't place it over that time span. 


Millersville Marauders


Now, I had to call Ron and he had had the idea to call me as I was on his mind. Told him of the meeting and he spoke about his job search and how it is depressing and how he hasn't gotten over his job loss and how we need to talk more often and promised to phone one another more often. It was good to touch base, as always, for as we talked about the fragility of life and how it can be gone in a flash, we know that friendship and contact is golden and precious and not to be taken for granted. 

No comments: