Sunday, June 1, 2014

1 June 2014: Sunday ... Rev. Greg hit trifecta w/service today (Kathe sang and daughter - Rebecca and grandson - Darwin, attended) ... late walk on abandoned PC golf course ...

From our new minister, Rev. Greg Pelley, at the UU Society of Mill Creek, these words prior to a pause from sound emanation during today's service:

"Silence is being present to all the sounds,

not the absence of it."


Might not be exact (again, that's the journalist in me) but it captures the gist of his words.


My goodness, Susan is happy. You can't fake that smile. She has
found a true love and I am happy (really) for her. (As a personal
aside and selfish intent, I wish the same for myself in another person.)

A late walk along the asphalt cart path that snakes, up and down, the abandoned Pike Creek Golf Course was my venue tonight as the crescent moon rose and the shadows grew along the trail, where I saw no one and Dancer kept a healthy distance behind me, for most of the walk. She did go into the Pike Creek for a dip and I tried, unsuccessfully, to photograph her with a finicky, splattered flash image that did not work out. Well, the walk was worth it but I did cut it a little close. Made it back to the car shortly after 9 p.m. and then, the doggie do-do packet still in hand, drove around to the large trash container and deposited it within its cavernous and empty interior with resounding thud. 

No comments: