Wednesday, June 18, 2014

18 June 2014: Wednesday ... 95 degrees today ... AC humming (set to 72) ... Dancer passed out in TV room ... Phillies sweep Atlanta in Georgia ... visit from Art Steele and Kimberly (we got pizza/fruit/cheesecake & salad for dinner) ...

Words from Kimberly Wright Burandt (Art Steele's significant other) after she accepted my FB friend request this evening, just a short time after I sent her a message and that selfsame query:

"I am so happy to have finally met you and Dancer! I met your parents years go and instantly fell in love. I'm just crazy about your mom. We laugh, we cry, we laugh some more. 
I missed your dad terribly today, Rudy. I know you and yours miss him every day."

I responded: '
You are so kind Kimberly ... thank you for such warm and wonderful comments about my parents. I'm certain mom is as crazy about you, in fact, I know it, from the moment she mentioned she knew you. I heard the love in her voice. We miss dad, too, as you have expressed so lovingly. 

Appreciate your words, beyond measure, and so such a quick response. That says A LOT, also. You are a special person. Art is so lucky to have you. All the best and have a great vacation, hope to see you soon."

No comments: