Sunday, June 29, 2014

29 June 2014: Sunday ... Sun streaming through drapes ... apple juice & mandarin oranges ... call & FB messages reunite ... walk to lights of Delcastle ... a new phone calls out

First thought as I decide to get up is "apple juice for mom". She says it helps her be regular, to put it with a modicum of civility, and then I stretch, a bit, and move downstairs and decide, on a whim, to take the big clippers and remove dead limbs from the dogwood on the side. I don't reach all of them but I collect a pile of limp, lifeless tree appendages and then collect them for the yard waste container under the beautiful tree that I don't know the name of. 

Just back from an amazing service by Rev. Keith Goheen, a hospital minister in Lewes, Delaware, Beebe Hospital, I think, who is just a wonderful speaker and intellect. I will copy his memorable quotes (they're on my cell under the Notes icon) later in this blog, but I wanted to say that Lindsay inadvertently called while having lunch with Nick in Augusta at Nacho Mama's. She was in Augusta for the wedding of a friend yesterday and plans to leave today for Chattanooga with Alex, so she has some driving ahead of her. Nice to hear from her when I called her back. 

Displaying photo.JPG
Marina van Renssen tapes her daughter Kate Nolan as she
sang "All Of Me" by John Legend beautifully in today's service. 

Len Cummings called tonight from Colorado and he talked, pretty much non-stop, so he's good and he has a library nearby and he always amazes with his intellect. He'd love to have a car to get around but he's making it and he apparently has plenty of minutes on his phone, so I'll call him next time.

Received a wonderful FB message from Katia and I responded posthaste. It's a start to rebuilding our friendship and I welcomed her kind words.

Got the new phone working for mom and a few numbers entered and an e-mail out to family and friends with her new number. It's a new type of phone, not a cell phone, per se, but a cellular transmission line and less cost per month -- $20 for unlimited minutes. I think she'll get use to it. Now, to get the land line up and operating. 



A young boy on a bike with training wheels fell over as I approached with Dancer and the father quickly went to his aid and asked whether he was alright. His immediate response: "I caught a firefly." Now, that was a quick riposte to an embarrassing incident. I was impressed and quite amused.

Over a 3-mile walk from home to Delcastle Recreation Area and a dip in the narrow stream and then off leash to try to get a decent fill-flash photo with the iPhone. This was the 4th attempt and it worked to a degree. 

No comments: