Sunday, June 8, 2014

8 June 2014: Sunday ... 6 mos. anniversary of dad's death ... Katia situation ... UUSMC Choir gathering ... actual Match activity ...


I want to say something profound. I have mulled it over for days but seem to fall back on the change of seasons - the view from our front door - for six months ago, as my father spent his last morning on earth in this room where I type this status, it was snowing, beautifully but menacingly for drivers (dad was not fond of snow). Today, rather than a subfreezing temperature, sunny with a high the 80s. Time, indeed, does move forward. Enough said.

On this sixth-month anniversary of the passing of Rudolph Nyhoff, M.D., a note of recollection and love at the time we shared together.
 — in Cochranville, PA.
  • Fay Lyon Verburg Love this picture, Rudy.
    16 hours ago · Unlike · 2
  • Rudy Nyhoff It was a grabber Fay and he was totally unaware of the antics of the horse. I love the pic, too. Thanks for the note. 
    16 hours ago · Like · 2
  • Susan Manubay Brawner Love his smile. Thinking of you.
    15 hours ago · Unlike · 2
  • Patricia McGowan Krysiak Fabulous photo; fabulous man!
    15 hours ago · Unlike · 2
  • Larry Tomsic Great photo and thanks for sharing your thoughts. RIP Dr Nyhoff.
    15 hours ago · Unlike · 1
  • Skinner Graham He was a great friend to me, and such wonderful company. Love the photo
    15 hours ago · Unlike · 1
  • Lori Jones Yes Rudy, time does go by quickly. I love this picture xo
    15 hours ago · Unlike · 1
  • Carol Seay Witzell What a wonderful photo, Rudy! Also loved your vignette about your father. It's been 7 years for my sister's and brother and me since our parent's deaths...they died 8 very short weeks apart. My father died first; and then my Mother. I have never washed the quilt from her bed....when I am feeling blue; I grab that quilt and wrap up in it; and feel her essence...lovely feeling! As the view from your Father's world(s). I love you my lovely friend; long time now sense the Chronicle!
    14 hours ago · Unlike · 2
  • Regina DePace Thanks for sharing
    14 hours ago · Unlike · 1
  • Susan Louth I love that man through and through. Forever in my heart. Thanks for sharing Rudy. xo
    14 hours ago · Unlike · 1
  • Cindy Fontana Beautify said. Thank you Rudy for sharing a moment in time . God Bless !
    13 hours ago · Unlike · 1
  • Karen Shields The picture is wonderful. Thanks for sharing, Rudy.
    13 hours ago · Unlike · 1
  • Katia Sol-church Such a touching moment to share Rudy.
    12 hours ago · Unlike · 1
  • Marykay Mills My mother passed away in the winter also. I remember being kinda surprised when spring came and the peonies she loved so much bloomed anyway.
    12 hours ago · Unlike · 2
  • Lisa Scott-Hatter I seem to lose those I love in the fall and true to course kissed my dad October two years ago I always hated the cold so the fall for me is a foreshadow if the dark to come
    11 hrs · Unlike · 1
  • Rudy Nyhoff It's the post that is most meaningful to me (after all, I'm expressing a deep feeling), but coming in a photo-finish second, are the comments elicited by my words. They touch the soul and are, without doubt, the reason I love "social" media, for we are ALL caring and compassionate beings. It girds us and connects us. What a miraculous glue. 
    11 hrs · Like · 6
  • Loyd Dillon Thank you, Rudy, for so touchingly reminding us of what is truly important in our-oh-so-brief time on this planet.
    11 hrs · Unlike · 1
  • Debbie Hernandez Beautiful Rudy
    11 hrs · Unlike · 1
  • Harriet C. Brantley You were an all time loving and giving son. Memories are so special.
    57 mins · Unlike · 1


    Dear Katia,

    I am hurting for you and for what I have done to you. It was not deliberate. I wanted to help but as this day has demonstrated, I can be insensitive and unresponsive to reason and appropriate action. For this increased anxiety that I have brought down on you, I ask your forgiveness.

    Our friendship over the few months I have known you has been a special gift. It is something to treasure and it is my sincere hope that you move through this immense emotional pain and that we can maintain it.

    Sincerely and In Loving Humankindness,
    rudy


    Great end-of-the-year gathering at Vicky and Kristen Tosh-Morelli's home in Newark for the choir. Good times and good foot. They're just great people.

No comments: