Friday, May 2, 2014

2 May 2014: Friday ... Don Giovanni day ... Grandma's genetics ...

Getting set to leave for Linda Lucero's and the trip to Philly for the performance of Don Giovanni by Opera Philadelphia at the Academy of Music on Broad Street with dad's ring on my finger and his handkerchief in my pocket.

Grandmother of quadruplets, three of whom (all identical) were playing before her as she watched from the car at Delcastle, taught me something about genetics via baking. "Have you ever had an egg with three yolks?", she asked from her car with her small poodle in the front seat. "No," I said, "but I don't do the baking that a grandmother does."

Well, there were two eggs, one with three inside, the other one, birthed by her daughter, I presume.  The fourth child looks nothing like the three and is a head taller, she told me. Well both eggs got inseminated, of course, at the same time. Voila ... a lesson in genetics.


A little somber prior to a fantastic performance.

 At the Academy of Music on Broad Street in Philadelphia awaiting the start of Mozart's Don Giovanni. As you can see by the pic, we're in the amphitheater, not a place for those fearful of heights. The chandelier is gorgeous, almost can touch it but I won't. 

No comments: