Wednesday, May 21, 2014

21 May 2014: Wednesday ...

                                                            Early morning selfie with Dancer.

photo
A like-minded spirit? We shall see. She lives in Princeton and teaches HS English.

Involved day that I felt connected to and it began at the Y when I did not make cycling but worked out to start in the exercise room and the stretching area where I saw Jamie Kegerise and where I worked up a sweat with the medicine ball, moving it around my torso and legs like a basketball, and then doing 20 minutes on the Expresso HD before 9 a.m. and then got ready for Body Pump with Amy, a full house, with a good contingent of males, one of whom I kidded because he looks like Novak Djokovic and I congratulated him on winning the Italian Open over Nadal and dedicating the win to his home country of Serbia which is undergoing terrible floods. The workout was good ... I soaked by blue t-shirt from Shepeard Blood Center, one of many. I just love working out there and meeting so many incredible people.

On a purely serendipitous note that almost makes me question the existence of a higher power, I was responding to an e-mail sent from Christine who commented that she did recognize the young lady, Anne, and wondered if she had a brain injury. As I started to write, who walks up but John, the fellow that has nicknamed me "Mr. Grimace" and has obviously some motor and physical issues. Well, he suffered a significant brain trauma in a, you guessed it, car accident where he was, in his words: "In a coma from Halloween till Thanksgiving when I smelled the turkey and woke up." We talked and I shared my history of brain trauma and surgery and even had him feel the scar under my hairline where the craniotomy took place. Just incredible timing. I sent several e-mails to my yoga teacher, who I appreciate wholeheartedly, and it's so nice that she responds to my writing, which tends to be excessive. Hers is concise, mine wordy, but I feel like our friendship is growing. Tonight, as I walked Dancer around the neighborhood for a little over two-mile walk (and spoke to Doug, too), almost gave her an actual phone call to talk about my sense of serendipity. But I did not. Don't really want to impose.    


At home, the claim adjuster, Dan Hathaway, arrived early. Young and qualified he did an able and correct assessment of the damage. It will run, he estimated, about $ 2,000 - 2,500 to repair (replace the plaster/wallboard section damaged by water and repaint the entire ceiling). It is all an ongoing process.




No comments: