Friday, May 23, 2014

23 May 2014: Friday ... met Kristi from Claymont, speech therapist, in Core Challenge ... helped CJ unload treated lumber (6"x6"x8') loaded to limit in SUV (leavin' for Texas in September) ... talked to Ernie Hyde tonight about ambulance visit last night ...

On my walk tonight at Delcastle, dark but the clouds were visible and the lights burned their individual spheres to the ground below ... Dancer did her business, as she always does, sooner than later, and I disposed of the deposit in the nearest trash can. Then, I thought to call Eleanor about the ambulance last night -- I'd forgotten to call earlier -- and Ernie, to my surprise, answered and told me, after I'd identified myself as Dr. Nyhoff's son and a friend of his wife's, that he'd fallen in the bath and was unable to get up and could not be assisted by his loyal lifetime partner. She called 911 and the Millcreek Fire Department EMTs and ambulance dutifully arrived to get him up.

He's fine and suffered no ill effects from the fall. But great to talk to him. He sounds good and fit, his voice strong.


No comments: