Wednesday, October 2, 2013

2 October 2013: Wednesday, We move forward on this gorgeous Wednesday, temp to hit in mid 80s for August feel ...

Well, I found the post from yesterday, so all is copacetic at present. I can move forward on musings and events for this Wednesday, the completion of my first full week at home. My walk with Dancer through the developments and past St. John the Beloved Catholic School ended as I entered the home and the digifit voice intoned, "Two miles." 

As Dancer licks my left forearm, asking for attention (I just fixed her dinner with two fried eggs, she should be satisfied, but the gorgeous day beckons and the fall light descends quickly -- see Ray Webber's Whitmanesque FB post of closing up his pool and observing the colors and the sounds of autumn at his home --  and I take the time to remember some of the day's highlights.

Cleaning -- I bought a pail with an attachment to squeeze a mop-head and a mop from Pathmark this morning and proceeded to mop both bathrooms and wash the urine-tainted (in the main 2nd floor bathroom) rugs on the delicate cycle (added mom's rug at her suggestion during the wash cycle) and they turned out fine (concerned a little about the drying but kept it on delicate).

At midday, I got fatigued and laid down on my single bed and listened through the iPhone to a discussion of alligators in SC on Your Day, a Clemson-based radio program aired on SC Public Radio, Monday - Thursday. The station playing was WLJK in Aiken with Dyana Daniels. I slept, off and on, as I hit the snooze button on the iPhone and went straight on into Here and Now from WBUR in Boston and hosted by NPR, which took the place of Talk of the Nation. Well, it was a lengthy rest with dad downstairs and mom in the room next door, the oxygen concentrator with its perpetual purr and Dancer outside in the brilliant sun, a summer-like day in the 80s today.


NewLife Elite Airsep Oxygen Concentrator 5 Liter


In the mid-afternoon, Dad and I undertook a few tasks. We considered DMV for my license and plate change but I decided against it so we tried the library for my card. The computers were out. We took Old Capitol Trail to Kirkwood Hwy and then Limestone Road to the Limestone Medical Center to get an appt with Dr. Milner for Dad's follow-up on his eye laser surgery (which is problematic, he has some floaters and says he has some some eye issues when he lies down). The computers were down. So, we next went a few blocks down Limestone to the TD bank and the coin cruncher. I guessed $63.45. It came in at over $80.00. With the 8% commission, since we did not have an account with the 7/24 bank, Dad got about $74.00 and change in an envelope from Erica, or "Bank" as Dad called her (the appellation had her name and the place where she worked on it). 


In the evening, I vacuumed, quite thoroughly, the TV room (aka, Dad's bedroom) and used the roller vacuum (an old acquisition from Nanny) that worked well in a small section of Mom's bedroom, which I'd previously vacuumed (no sense in bringing out the big vacuum to do such a small job.

B-2102 Push Sweeper
Wrong color ... Mom's (or Nanny's) is red
but this basic tool works well and without electricity.  


Watching and listening and doing Google searches of various interviewees on the PBS' NewsHour with Gwen Ifill and Judy Woodruff with Dad, who informed me earlier, that Dancer wetted his bed comforter. I took it to the laundry, set the new washer to "SUPER" on warm and just a few minutes, removed the damp cover and placed it into the dryer. Will walk the dog as night falls and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi address the press as the 2nd day of the government's partial shutdown concludes. It will get truly serious when the debt limit is reached in a couple of weeks and whether or not the US will default on the bills it owes. 




No comments: