Friday, December 20, 2013

20 December 2013: Friday ... the day Mom was put on hospice ... shower/bath nirvana ... back washing ... called Bobbi Stenstrom ...


 

Today, it was celebrated with a Google Doodle (it was an ingenious crossword which I figured out with a lot of Web assistance), (actually tomorrow) is the 100th anniversary of the first Crossword Puzzle to appear in a newspaper in the United States. I just posted a piece on YouTube from CBS' Sunday Morning on the event ... very nice piece. I wrote in my post:

"
Happy ***Centennial*** Crossword Puzzle and thank you Arthur Wynne, its creator, for publishing the first in the Sunday edition of The New York World on December 21st, 1913."



But today is the day that I called Delaware Hospice (the number is ensconced into my

 iPhone) and they responded, as always, quickly with a visit. This time by two RNs,

 Amanda and Oji (Nigerian), who both felt, unequivocally, that mom met all the criteria

for hospice care.
Mom had no problem with the designation, it was actually a relief for

 all ... I've informed Doug, Susan, the kids, and even called Art Steele with the news. It

was the best choice and I will now have their invaluable assistance in her care. 

No comments: