Sunday, December 22, 2013

22 December 2013: Sunday ... it is so warm out there, we might hit 80 today and it's overcast, Dancer is in the back and I need to shower at 8:16 a.m. ... just washed my hair ... need to walk Dancer now

Mom is having such a rough day today. She is exhausted and just unable to move herself from or around or on the bed. She was stuck in one position, she said, while I was resting downstairs, for an hour and I had to get the heating pad re-covered and started up and get dad's old blanket atop her. She has not eaten any dinner tonight because I've just let her rest. I did, with Joyce's approval and encouragement, turn up her oxygen to 5.0 liters per minute because her pulse oxygen, earlier in the day, was in the mid-80s, which is too low. Her demeanor appears like a drug stupor but she is responding to questions but she is just so lethargic and unable to move. I am worried. Need to call Dr. Maged and Hospice tomorrow before I go to the appointment with accountant Tom Szcewczyk (a name I will never learn how to spell, it is unbelievable with only one vowel, it is pronounced -- Zeff-check.)

Displaying photo.JPG


The Stomberg twins Miranda and Karina (unsure which is which, one plays
the flute, the other the violin, obviously) and Loren Nolan played
Hymn #73, A Chant for All Seasons, at today's service put on by the youth,
a very musically talented corps, at UUSMC this late Sunday morning, 22 December 2013.Found and placed the e-mails of Larry and Jennifer Stomberg and sent this photo to
them. Got a thank you e-mail from Jennifer.

Got to church just after 9 a.m. thinking we had choir only to find the parking lot vacant, so I took to path in my loafers and jacket and walked 2 miles ... a mile onto the trail that took me through the development next to Paper Mill Park. It was meant for bikes and not dress shoes but I was careful and the trail was not that hilly, but I went a mile in and then turned around. Came upon only one female runner, before I got to the trail through the houses and two male runners on the path. Looks to be an excellent trail to explore with Dancer and in the future, a  X-country bike a la Gordon Roth.



Joyce called this evening. She won't be able to make it on Christmas day but will give me a call ... she says she's going Jewish and that Christmas doesn't bother her as much as Thanksgiving (that is, being alone and all) and will probably take in a movie and eat Chinese. She'll be getting Tom's pension check on the 26th and will look at coming down to spend the New Year with me. It would be nice but I am not counting on it. We had a nice conversation, though.

Displaying photo.JPG
Finally moved it up from the basement and the examining room
of dad's old office, dusted it off and placed it in mom's room.
She is out of it today, totally exhausted and unable to get herself
in and out of the bed. But the tree, three days before Christmas, is
a nice holiday decoration that enlivens her room. Finally, after some 
delicate play got the lights to stay on with an extension cord.

Just ordered Wordplay from Amazon through a distributor with a 98% favorable rating over nearly 18,000 orders for $.49 plus shipping. The bill came to less than $5 and my Amazon credit points will pay for the order. There will be defects but it is usable and I can't lose anything in the deal. Got the Amazon e-mail, posthaste:


Thank you for shopping with us. We'd like to let you know that Goodwill Michiana has received your order, and is preparing it for shipment. Your estimated delivery date is below. If you would like to view the status of your order or make any changes to it, please visit Your Orders on Amazon.com.
If you are using rewards points towards payment, these will be deducted from your rewards points balance when your items are shipped.*


Well the Eagles are tattooing the Chicago Bears tonight on Sunday Night Football and at 10:56 p.m. I gave mom her final evening dose of opiates and calming medications. I divided it up tonight and gave them to her myself, rather than trust her own administration. The other day I found several of the drugs on the floor and had wondered how she had taken so many of the drugs, so soon. She takes 2 Vicodin, 2 Temazepam, and 4 Xanax; so tonight, I gave it to her in 3 instances ... first the Vicodin and then, around 9:30 p.m., after she went to the bathroom, 1 Temazepam and 2 Xanax, and finally, at the close or nearing the end of the football game and the end of Downton Abbey on WHYY, she got the final doses. I think it was successful. She is more aware and she ate a little pudding tonight. 

File:Temazepam.svg

Temazepam.svg ‎(SVG file, nominally 512 × 449 pixels, file size: 11 KB)

Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) is an XML-based vector image format
for two-dimensional graphics that has support for interactivity and animation. 

No comments: