Saturday, December 28, 2013

28 December 2013: Saturday ... gorgeous day, need to walk Dancer ... copied Rich/Jason/Kim Rotter pics ... playing Beethoven quartets with Orford w/book out ...

Displaying photo.JPG
Susan holds the infant Jason Rotter, whose birthday is tomorrow, 29 December (1986?), and who has moved back to the U.S. after working in Denmark and in England, most recently. I think he's 27 years old. Sent this photo to Kim and to Joe and Tilly Rotter as well as Susan. Hope I didn't press any emotional wounds.

Did do the walk today down the White Clay Creek Trail that moves out from Paper Mill Park, where the church resides, and walked all the way to a narrow roadway (Smith Mill Road?) where a volunteer naturalist (not bad looking woman) was testing the stream for pollutants and it's where I noticed that Dancer had cut her ear and had blood on the side of her face. It wasn't serious and she was not in pain but I decided to walk, at the woman's suggestion, to Poly Drummond Road and walk in a "circuitous" path rather than retrace my steps back down a muddy trail. It took A LOT longer than expected. There's a lot more in the view screen when you walk than when you drive. I started to question whether I was going in the right direction ... was I headed toward McGlynn's rather than Paper Mill Park and the church at the intersection of Poly Drummond and Paper Mill Roads.


Well, it took some time. About a mile and a half, after I had to restart my digifit which had stopped charting my path after I checked it on the narrow, freshly asphalted roadway that took you back into the parkland of New Castle County, White Clay Creek Park.  

No comments: