Monday, December 30, 2013

30 December 2013: Monday ... the penultimate (a word I shared in a letter to Bobbi Stenstrom and her refulgent garden) day of 2013 ... mom used the Dutch oven to wash up and then change (she wants plastic next time) ...

Went to the USPS web site and amazingly typed in my 16-digit or so tracking number for the certified letter to Washington National Insurance in Carmel, Indiana, and it came up as delivered two days after sent immediately with a list of places the post visited along its journey from Delaware to Indiana. Remarkable.

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction.action tRef=fullpage&tLc=1&tLabels=23010640000141510378
Mom had a hankering for pizza today, I think instigated by a tv commercial or program that mentioned the food, so I got her order after mentioning that Art Steele had ordered a pepperoni pizza on the day he visited, Saturday, 7 December 2013, the day before dad's death, so mom ordered a pepperoni pizza on thin crust, not the pan that Art wanted, with mushrooms and extra cheese. I ordered it by phone from Domino's, the same place I'd gone before. It was cut into 6 pieces and I, rather egregiously, had half of the pizza, after having really had my lunch of a liverwurst sandwich with salad and tomato. Sometimes I have a ferocious appetite ... took my weight for the first time in a long time and came up with 208 with my shoes but I have lost no weight, but I am more muscular. It's the walking each night averaging about 2 miles. It really does make a difference.


Well it's done thanks to the Internet and a credit card, I am $842 plus change less rich after paying the TimeShare fees for another year. The following is our basic access info (login and password to the web site) and what we have for the year 2014:

 9-1984664


 3000

 3000

ACCOUNT SNAPSHOT


 01-Jan-2003

 THE Club

 Valued Club Member



Login/Username: THISELLNYHOFF



New Password: booboo186
(might as well stay with the usual, makes sense,
who else would want to access the site)




I am bad at names but just figured out why. I don't practice. I composed a very late holiday card to the FamilyY of North Augusta this late afternoon (forgot to go to DMV to get my overdue Delaware driver's license) and when I went to thing about addressing it I used a collective word "Friends" rather than trying to list and obviously forget, many of the names. Well, I went to the Facebook page and collected some names that are beginning to fade and they include ... Dusty Rawlins, Dorothy Macafee, Zach, Cody, Janet Thornburg, Wendy from Canada, Wendy from the USA, Andrew Phan, Joseph, Cheryl Haughey, and others that I am sure to have forgotten like the paralyzed young man Holtzclaw, whose first name I forget, and my dear friend, the devoted Alabama fan, along with Carie Bugos, who moved to Savannah to work with her father and family. 


Good walk tonight ... called Olivia at home and got her. Nice to touch base and share the story, again, about dad's passing and to learn of her trip to Florida to see her son and two teenage grandchildren. She has a total of 10 grandchildren from her three boys. It's always good to talk to her, she is a neat, independent woman who has always carried an animus for her ex-husband for some reason that I have never determined why. But we talked over my annoying Digifit app that speaks to me each 5-minute interval now ... the person I'm talking to can't hear it but I can.  

Why am I staying up close to 1:00 a.m. Well, I'm watching a 3-3 hockey game between the Flyers and the Vancouver Canucks. The Flyers scored in the final 2 minutes with a man off the ice for the goalie to tie it. What a great game. They're in the overtime right now, five minutes and then they have the shootout. I think I'll stay up.


They WON it in a shootout, 4-3. Steve Mason, seen above, stopped all 3 penalty shots and Lecavalier scored the only goal necessary on the Canucks' goalie, Lack.
The time is 1:01 a.m. Time for beddy-bye.  



No comments: