Tuesday, December 24, 2013

24 December 2013: Christmas Eve ... Tuesday, 16 days after dad's death ... will buy Nintendo Wii today for mom ... look for a Xmas gift to give Stacy (???) ...



In Arthur's recent words: "I had a good day today but I think I overdid it my shoulder hurts a little bit now
I'll be back I promise.   
December 21 at 5:51pm via mobile 

Dancer is anxious to go outside in the morning, I take her out the front to do her business

but then she wants to be in the back, checking things out, even if it's dark and chilly, like

was this morning before 6 a.m. when I let her out and took her photo from the diamond-

shaped door window in the addition. It made for a rather bereft look.

 


Plan to check out purchasing a Nintendo Wii today for mom, to hook up to the HD TV. It will need a special connector (about $35) to be able to be HD compatible but well worth it according to the YouTube video that I watched on installing the system.


At the Best Buy near the Christiana Hospital, thanks to salesman Muhammad, or "Mo", as his friends call him, a devilishly good looking young African-American with a great, close-cropped beard, sold me one of the last, HD-compatible, Wii U systems with Mario Brothers. It was not cheap at $299.99 but I got a $25 gift card with the purchase (made it all worth it), which I charged to my Amazon-Chase VISA credit card. I have already presented it to mom and awaits set-up tomorrow on Christmas day. In addition to games, we'll be able to access Netflix through the control monitor. 

Waking up at 4:30 and realizing that you have choir practice in an hour, you need to get dressed (have to have the Xmas tie and suspenders), put out the luminaria, get mom a cup of tea, and drive to UUSMC on Poly Drummond and Paper Mill Roads. It was hectic, especially when I needed to borrow a butane lighter (fantastic device) from C. J. across the way to light my luminaria. It was a challenge and in the end, only 2 of 12 candles in a bag rooted in sand were still lit with the wind and the chill. My walk with Dancer around the neighborhood saw better and lesser success than my efforts. But Twist Lane was particularly beautiful:


A windy and chill Christmas Eve extinguished 10 of my 12 luminaria on Pickwick and Nicholby Drives,
 but the lights fared better on Twist Lane, shielded from the wind.
The Limestone Gardens/Sheridan Square Civic Association organizes the display each year.

No comments: