Tuesday, March 11, 2014

10 March 2014: Monday ... two consecutive workouts at Y this am (Helena for Body Pump and Renee for Body Combat) ... Lois comes for a visit ... drove Roberta Headley to Racheal VerNooy's place near Ashland for Associates' rehearsal ...

Displaying photo.JPG
Mom shows the family artwork of her sister, my Aunt Carol, who 
she called Caroline, to Lois Greef, the beneficent, generous, lovely
soul of a friend and person. 
Just completed a walk of exactly 1.0 miles as I entered the house but it started with my second conversation with Sonya (Ducote DuBois), my quiet neighbor from across the street, who had her two gorgeous children with her. Kimberly, 2, in her little red ski hat with tails and her piercing blue eyes and her amazingly quiescent demeanor, and Benjamin, 6 months old today, in his portable cradle and also quiet as a lamb sleeping. She asked about dad and I told her he'd passed just over 3 months ago and told her the story of his last days. She asked where I lived and what was my last name. (She is on FB and I asked her to look me up because of the picture of mom with her other neighbor across the street, Stacy, and her hair styling acumen). It was so nice to talk again, she is such a sweet young mother but so busy with work and two young children, separated in age much like our Nick and Lindsay, only in reverse order of sexes).

She, remarkably, took up my offer to FB friend me and take a look at pics, presumably, of mom getting her hair done by fellow neighbor Stacy, but now I know her last names and they ring with French origin ... Sonya Ducote DuBois.  


Serendipity, again, spoke with Danielle (she worked out in front of me during Body Pump led by Brighton-borne Helena and was impressive, small but strong) on the way to Body Combat and spoke of my affection for Renee and meeting her beautiful young daughter the other day. "I'm her godmother," she said, and went on to say how they were school friends and had been working out for years going back to Jazzercize classes together.

Finally settled the annuity issue with Allstate with a wonderfully productive call to the toll-free line. Will be sending information on the account and we can move forward. When we get the paperwork, we can send a death certificate. 


Traveled, again, to north Wilmington for choir practice with The Associates, the home of Mary & Jack, near First Unitarian of Wilmington, a beautiful home (with a gorgeous Yamaha baby grand piano and artwork by one of their three boys, youngest 31, although they don't appear to be in their 60s) facing out onto a green area, just perfect for a pickup game of football or to walk the dog at present. I picked up retired kindergarten teacher Roberta Headley from her condominium home (a row of like structures) behind and to the right off Manor Care Nursing Home. We then drove to the lovely and bucolic place of Racheal VerNooy (a Dutch name meaning ??), who has a three-acre home that is contiguous with Ashland Nature Center (oh, by the way, it's the Red Clay Creek than meanders lovingly through the property). We came across deer as we drove the narrow roadway to her place. It truly is a lovely locale.

At the end of the rehearsal we gather and take hands and sing Spirit of Life. I sang holding the hands of Mary, the homeowner, and Margaret Love, our director, and feigned a bass part which sort of worked out but really didn't. I was under the singing radar with two accomplished musicians at my side.


No comments: