Thursday, March 13, 2014

13 March 2014: Thursday ... Aunt Carol's birthday (she would have been 84 today ... "What is it?") ...

Just remembered and shared with mom the iconic phrase that was Aunt Carol's, whose birthday is today (she'd have been 84 today), and it is: WHAT IS IT? ... I can hear her voice now, that incredible sense of humor she possessed and shared with so many, it is a legacy that is profound and meaningful to the memory and being of those who loved her. 

Called Liz and as I was talking to her the doorbell rang and Julie, the PRN nurse from Hospice, who has seen my parents a handful of times and always is attentive and helpful and thorough and totally professional, was there and we began to immediately talk about the patient, my mom and I TOTALLY FORGOT THAT LIZ WAS ON THE PHONE. Later, when she was talking to mom, I apologized effusively and she understood as she heard me talking to Julie over the phone and knew that I was involved and just hung up.

No comments: