Friday, March 21, 2014

20 March 2014: Thursday ... 1st day of Spring ... Hallelujah ... A Great Day ... filled with wonderful interactions (so many to document) ... Brandywine Springs Park history ...


  1. Poor mom has the cold that I had and she's congested, coughing and is miserable. Thankfully, we got a visit from a PRN nurse, Erica, who entered with her laptop in her folded arms and was thoroughly helpful (I'd called Beth Kincaid earlier and she said that she was wrapped up and said that another nurse would come visit ... got a call almost immediately from Erica). I went to RiteAid and got some Mucinex and it helped right away with it's combo of pain relief, decongestant, and cough suppressant. 
  2. Fantastic Body Pump with Jennifer Fawzi. She really got into it and taught the moves so well. Afterward, I told her so and then kidded her that she should talk to someone at the "Y" about getting on full time. "I do work here full time," she chimed back. 
  3. Got my login straight for Expresso HD and road a moderate course of just over 5 miles, not too much terrain, and road for a little over 20 minutes after Body Pump. Nice finish. Did not have the energy to do spinning like John does, who, by the way, had his knee go funny in BP and had to take it easy for awhile.
  4. Delightful Heidi (the one who wears the foot-shaped athletic shoes and absolutely loves Body Combat by participating with intense zeal) , whose name I learned today, manned a volunteer slot for a booth detailing the fund drive by the Y for its yearly goal to raise money to assist needy members and other needs. There only about 1/2 there and the Fit to Give campaign, which is this Saturday, the 22nd, is just a part of it. 
  5. Learned from a woman, who I did not know, but who immediately picked up on my kidding at the coffee station when she brought back her cup and I asked where she'd made it to my liking. She said she had. I felt serendipity and asked about caring for an aging parent who had a cold. She had some good suggestions: Mrs. Grass chicken soup (comes in a box, which I found at Acme and saw Susan Okarski (who checked my few groceries ... Mrs. Grass chicken soup mix, mango Popsicles), who told me about a longtime nurse, who lived in Limestone Gardens and died a few days ago and who worked for Dr. Georgieff, who I think was the Okarski's doctor), some sherbet, which I could not find. 
  6. Fantastic walk and return to memory lane and learn history at Brandywine Springs Park. Posted Dancer on a trail above the Red Clay Creek on FB and got some tremendous responses about the park's history.

     

Made our way to Brandywine Springs Park which the Red Clay Creek, seen in the back, traverses and was treated to a history lesson. Dancer walks near the boardwalk that took people between amusement sites at a former park, now all oer'grown and just whispers of a generation gone. Fascinating and nostalgic. What you don't know about your own neighborhood. — with Dancer at Brandywine Springs State Park.
  1. Like ·  · Stop Notifications · Share · Edit

No comments: