Wednesday, March 26, 2014

26 March 2014: Wednesday ... workout shortened by mom's shortness of breath during Amy's Body Pump ... Beth visits, no key (now one under welcome mat) ... Skeesha's wonderful visit, as always ...

Photo: Dancer reminds me of a sphinx with her silent stance at the top of the steps in the living room.
Dancer reminds me of a sphinx with her silent stance at the top of the steps in the living room.

First time I had to leave the Y early to come home for a distressed mom. I called Beth and she phoned Mom, found her respiration at 7 and came to the house to find it, or course, locked. (I would come home and place a house key under the welcome mat for future emergencies.) Well, I left Amy's Body Pump in its last phase and got home quickly to find mom OK and gave her a dose of morphine which calmed her. 
We got a welcome delivery from FedEx this afternoon. The drugs, amazingly ordered just yesterday by Beth (who I texted today about those drugs and whether she'd included Tamazepam and morphine, she did because they were in the manila, sealed container), got here and I took some welcome time to fill the containers in the 7-day pill dispenser. It's nice to have enough pain and tranquilizer meds for mom. It makes her life so much more bearable. 
Skeesha came about midday and was wonderful as usual. She makes mom glow and makes the bed and is just such a lovely person. Really makes mom's day, 3X a week. I actually stayed awake during this visit and got to let her out on this windy, chill day. 
Have been driving to Delcastle Recreational Park to walk Dancer in its long, windy, narrow asphalt path around the facility and with inroads during the walk which worked out to almost 2 & 1/2 miles this afternoon. She always does her business like clockwork and gets a good walk in as I take her off the leash on a quiet afternoon with few guests. 

Robert Jones called and I vented about my feeling of loneliness and lack of success in the relationship department. I'd deleted some of the e-mails that Christine had not read on Match.com and probably never would have and I feel that she just doesn't want to get involved. Another excuse, legitimate, her daughter's illness kept us from a coffee date on Tuesday and I don't think it will become a reality. I need to back off and just let the chips fall where they may. I have no control over what happens in my relationships with women and it's best that I not force things. If she wants to get together, fine, if not, well, at least I will know and can move on to wherever. I did mention to Robert that my best friend of late has been a friend I reached out to because of our mutual love of Mozart, a Tunisian college student and Android app designer, Jihed Khiary, from Tunis. All others appear to have other interests and do not take the time to share their time with me.

I did hear back from Erica, through texting, about the tickets to the 87ers on Friday evening. She can't go as she has to work, so I have 4 tickets and only me. Perhaps Katia might be interested or somebody from church. Need to get on it as I have an appt. with Szewcyk tomorrow about the taxes and a possible date to walk dogs with Bob and Caleb early on Friday. The game is Friday night at the Carpenter Center on the U of Delaware campus. 










No comments: