Tuesday, March 25, 2014

25 March 2014: Tuesday ... Core Body workout (PHEW!) ... fantastic yoga w/Christine (no Brewed Awakenings due to daughter's illness - homemade soup v. Mrs. Grass) ... mom & Beth & Dr. Maged (solving symptoms) ... SNOWING AGAIN! ... .


Final snow of the extended 2013-14 winter, who knows, but we were slated to get 1-3 inches, which I doubt will take place, and as it fell at Delcastle Recreation Park on an early Tuesday evening, it was still beautiful at the conclusion of our walk (about 2 miles in total). It included my first circumnavigation of a lovely school, Brandywine Springs (middle school?) and its spacious grounds.
The day started with high hopes for a coffee & crumpet with Christine after yoga, but that did not materialize as her daughter was ill from school and needed her mother's attention, in particular homemade soup. Another day is suspect. 

Morning Core Challenge truly lived up to its name. Pamela had set up stations, about 10, I think, four-minutes apiece and boy did it "challenge". Thankfully, I had Josh, one of 3 males in the class, who inspired and directed me on each activity and we made it through. Very taxing and rewarding, in a way. I'll be back on Friday for a continuation of this physical endurance.

Yoga was packed and Christine was masterful. Got the heart rate up and I got to see two fitness instructors, Amy (lovely physique and superb yoga form) and Pamela, take the class. It inspired. She led us through a seamless progression of moves that challenged our body posture and our strength, within our own limits. By the conclusion, spread out in corpse, I did feel spent but invigorated. Afterward, I did get to speak with her (she is so popular, I really feel like I am intruding) and she told me of her daughter's illness. No mention of Brewed Awakenings was made. I do not want to intrude or be too bold. My intent for the class was the word resolve. And be it resolved that I will not be a "pain in the derriere" to her in my insistence. I want to become her friend first, but I do not know if I will ever get to first base. It still seems a distance away. 

On a more critical note, mom had a rough day. She really feared that she would die due to asphyxiation and it was good to have Beth visit today and contact Dr. Maged. The decision was that she needed more lasix and potassium for the next 4 days. We will double the dose of the "water pill" to see about lessening the build-up of fluid around her heart and give her the potassium for the tingling in her right foot. She will now be on 160 mg. of lasix or furosemide. 

Christine mentioned, in her words before yoga, which is her specialty, about the notion of letting go of stress and how describing, at the end of the day, through words and writing, what you are especially grateful for that day, is liberating and releasing. I agree. I am thankful for my mother, for the classes at the Y, for this snow, for my dog (sleeping on the floor in the TV room next to me as I type), and my friends (in particular, touching base again with Alice and Bob). 

Failed to mention that the Hayman/Eakin family will not be able to make the ballgame but I did leave a message with Delaware Hospice for Erica, PRN nurse, who has visited mom several times in the past week or so, and who mentioned to me that she'd been to an 87ers game at "The Bob", that the tickets were hers if she wanted them. I will wait to hear her response. 

No comments: