Wednesday, March 12, 2014

11 March 2014: Tuesday ... yoga with Christine ... language tutorial with Kyoko ... stray black lab follows us up Nicholby then disappears ... Flyers lose 2-1 to NJ Devils (Brodeur & Jagr, both in their 40s, beat them) ...



Christine told me she'd seen me online and asked whether I knew what that meant just prior to the start of yoga class this morning. I told her simply, "I do," and then we had a great yoga class. I composed, in my head, what I would say to her and then wrote it and sent it from the web site. As of this evening, she had not read it yet.
During class, Kyoko, Japanese-American, but more American in her temperament and language skills, referred to me as Randy and when I corrected her, she gave me a tutorial in greetings in the language of her parents, which, unfortunately, she is not fluent in even though she went, unwillingly, to Japanese school in California growing up. (Spoke to her in the sauna the following day ... 3/12/14 ... and she told me of her two hip replacements and her osteo-arthritis in her knees ... I had no room to complain. She had mentioned my form in the deep knee bends during the Body Pump we'd both been through with pint-sized and teen age-looking Amy, who I took up on her offer for candy-covered pretzels, which she had made, and then went to my locker for a donation -- all I had were $20s, no change at the front desk, so I had her give me back $15 from her stash that she'd already collected for a fundraiser to empower kids.) They have some incredibly good people working as fitness instructors at the Y. 




  1. Koh-nee-chee-wah ... greeting in the morning.
  2. Oh-high-oh ... greeting during the day.
  3.  Koom-bah-wah (?) ... greeting in the evening.


No comments: