Wednesday, March 5, 2014

4 March 2014: Tuesday ... double digits, barely this AM, at 10 degrees ... water bowl frozen solid ... comfy indoors at 70, too warm ... text from NV last night ...

I just hate it when I get behind (and it happens so fast, even on a daily basis) and then forget some of the more seminal, important moments in the day. As I write this down, two days later, after experiencing an extraordinary day where I worked out twice, gave blood and took Body Attack with my favorite witness instructor, Renee, after giving a pint to the Blood Bank of Delmarva (where I'm now a member) and doing fine, suffering no bouts of dizziness or lack of strength, but having the delightful opportunity to have an extended conversation with a beautiful person and excellent instructor and seeing her gorgeous, youngest child (she has 3), her only daughter (two older boys), come run up to her and plead with her ... "Mommy" ... and tug on her arm ... well, to get back to the start of this sentence, I CANNOT REMEMBER THE KEY EVENTS OF THIS DAY, TUESDAY, THE 4TH OF MARCH, 2014. It's the law of diminished brain cells.

Like I discussed with Renee, we need to be reminded, several times, before events lodge for longer than a day in our minds. The events of a day are each singular and do not afford the opportunity of refreshing, UNLESS one writes it down in the moment. I have failed to do it on this day and thus, key experiences have been lost into that nether world of neuronal connections, the countless miles of synapses in one's brain, where a memory lodged is waiting for a trigger to bring it rushing forth again.

No comments: