Saturday, March 15, 2014

15 March 2014: Saturday ... the ides of March ... walk to DHS for first time in months ... talk with Beatrice Webb for Church canvass at Panera's ... Liberty Yoga ... dad's travel journal

Two walks today with Dancer, no trip to the "Y" for spinning because of my Pony Express/Canvass meeting with Beatrice Webb (choir member) from Church at Panera's for coffee and a sweet and two hours of revealing and delightful conversation from 10 a.m. to noon. The walks totaled over 4 miles. 

Realigning the books on the shelf where dad's father's ring and the letter openers rest, I found a gem, words penned by my father, a diary of sorts, from his trip with Doug to Russia. I took it, immediately, to his longtime translator (the writing was his usual scrawl), my mother, and she worked out some of it. Pretty basic stuff ... departure times from New York and Helsinki to arrival time in Moscow. There's probably more but I placed it back where I found it (I will remember its location), it is a rare artifact of my dad's writing outside of his professional duties of myriad patient note taking. 



A rarity -- Dad's words describing Russia trip with Doug. 


No comments: